The BUF Healthy Relationships Team is here to nurture healthy relationships within the BUF community by
- Promoting our Covenant of Healthy Relationships
- Providing education in relationship-building and communication skills
- Facilitating difficult conversations
Current team members are Jeff Packer, Wendy Czopp, Kaitlin Davis, Mialee Jose, Karen Nuckles-Flinn, Mary Alden, and Beth Nyblade.
If you have a concern about maintaining or improving a relationship with someone at BUF, please fill out the form below, or contact any of us for assistance. The information you share will be kept confidential. Our contact information is here..
Here's a quick overview of the process:
One or more members of the Healthy Relationships Team will review the information you provide below. Then we will:
- Offer our support as you think through how to approach a potentially difficult conversation (or whether to let it go).
- Offer to go with you if you decide to share the concern directly. In this case, we would also reach out to the other party and hear their perspective. Our role is to advocate for the relationship—and a healthy conversation—rather than advocating for one party or the other.
- If you are not willing to have a direct conversation with the other party, we may ask you for your permission to share your concern with the person involved, along with your name.
- If you choose not to utilize this process, we will ask you to make peace with the matter in a manner consistent with our Covenant of Right Relationships. We will continue to be available to you.
For concerns involving BUF Minister or Staff:
- Staff: Please contact his or her supervisor. The BUF Leadership Roster includes staff contacts and supervisory relationships.
- Minister: Depending on the nature of the concern, the Healthy Relationships Team may assist directly or provide referral to an outside mediator.
If this is a concern about threatening or criminal behavior, please dial 911 to contact the police immediately, or use the non-emergency phone number (360) 778-8800. Please do not continue with this online form. After making a police report, please follow-up by contacting Rev Paul Beckel (360) 820-9995.